Appointments: Tel: 0141 483 1740
Consultations by appointment only
Appointments can be made in person at the surgery, online via emis Patient Access (not currently available due to the pandemic) or over the phone. Please arrange a separate appointment for each person and if you are unable to come, let us know. Appointment sessions vary daily and for each doctor.
Attending a face to face appointment
- you must wear a mask whilst in the surgery premises.
- attend alone unless you need a carer.
- attend and book in at Reception a couple of minutes before your given appointment time – if you attend too early then you will be asked to come back closer to your appointed time.
- if you are 10mins or more late for your appointment you will not be seen and will need to book another appointment. Other patients will not kept waiting due to a patient not attending at the arranged time.
- One appointment is not for multiple issues. Please make a double or multiple appointments if you have multiple issues to discuss.
- Do not attend if you have a temperature, loss of taste/smell or a recurrent cough – contact Reception if you need to alter your appointment.
Patients may book with any of the Doctors, the two Practice Nurses or the Health Care Assistant. If you wish to book with a particular individual or at a specific time, you may need to wait longer for your booking.
Appointments with doctors are for 10 minutes. Patients with multiple/complex problems may require to book multiple appointments – ask the receptionist for details.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR THE COMPLETION OF FORMS. EITHER SEE THE PRACTICE MANAGER OR ENQUIRE AT THE RECEPTION.
If you wish further information on the appointment system please see the Practice Manager or Reception.
Please let us know if you need to cancel an appointment.
Patients who regularly miss appointments without informing us will be contacted and ultimately removed from the Practice List if they continue to miss appointments.
IF YOU ARE LATE
Please keep your appointment on time. If you arrive 10 minutes after your appointment you will not be seen and you will need to book a new appointment. This is done to allow surgeries to run as closely to schedule as possible as well as allow patients some room for delay, i.e. public transport.
We appreciate surgeries sometimes run late, i.e. an emergency situation with a child, but we aim to treat each patient in the given appointment time, so if you are wishing to discuss multiple issues at the one appointment we ask that you book a double appointment at the least (routine appointment only).
If you need an interpreter for you appointment tell the receptionist at the time of booking. These appointments often take longer due to the need for an Interpreter, so we will offer a suitable appointment when available. Leaflets are available in the following languages:
At reception there is a loop system for the hard of hearing.
Private Medical Examinations
If you require a private medical examination please see the Practice Manager or if he is not available speak with a Receptionist (examples would be HGV Medicals, Pre-employment Medicals, Summer Camp Forms).
Fees apply for non NHS services.
Request for GP Letters/Completion of Forms
Doctors are asked to complete a variety of forms and provide a variety of letters. These are not part of General Medical Services. Patients should NOT book appointments for these. In the first instance they should make their request to the Practice Manager and if he is not available then enquire at Reception. Patients will then be advised whether the request can be fulfilled and, if so, an arrangement will be made. Patients will also be advised of any charge which will be made.